Items are available to preview prior to all sales. We encourage buyers to visit the gallery to verify the condition of any item they are considering before bidding.
Previews for bi-monthly auctions take place on the day before the auction from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at our gallery/showroom by appointment, unless stated otherwise.
*Our ability to operate in-person previews is currently changing under COVID-19 policy and health regulations.
Register for newsletters to keep updated.
Our catalogue is fully viewable online
Up-to-date photos of our merchandise are posted on our website and an online catalogue will be available prior to Auction sale date. Find out more about our upcoming auctions.
Registration is free and open to worldwide participation
Due to COVID-19 regulations we are currently only running online auctions. Registration is online, free and open to worldwide participation.
We can assist you through the registration process, call one of our associates on +61 412860040
We suggest you register at least two days prior to the auction closing. Most of our auctions are pre-bidding online for 3-4 weeks before the advertised auction date.
It can be a good idea to put a small bid on to familiarise yourself with the online auction environment.
Good participation in online auctions depends on a good Internet connection.
Full payment is due within 7 days. Auction items must be collected within 14 days of the auction.
We accept most major credit/debit cards, PayPal and direct bank deposit/wire transfer payments
(Cash/EFTPOS in-person only)
A 20% buyer’s premium is applied to all purchases unless stated otherwise in the catalogue.
COLLECT / SHIPPING
OF LOTS WON
Shipping is to be arranged by the buyer, or items can be collected in-person.
Antique Auction Group can arrange registered and insured Express Postal shipping for cost, plus 5% handling fee, on most items*
Information regarding payment and shipping can be found here:
Payment & Shipping – Antique Auction Group.
How to Bid
We are happy to accommodate bidders both locally and internationally.
Currently and due to COVID-19 related requirements, our auctions will be held online only.
We run the sales on a trustworthy and reliable auction platform,
operated by a global leader in the online auction industry.
Try to register to bid online at least a week prior to the sale, and if you aren’t familiar with the online auction platform, it can be a good idea to place some test bids.
Auction registration is free and as simple as any website sign-up process.
Valid information should be provided, as we use these details for identification and shipping purposes.
Terms and Conditions
- ALL PRICES ARE IN UNITED STATES DOLLARS (USD) unless stated otherwise.
- All Lots are subject to 20% buyers premium unless otherwise stated.
- All Lots won require payment within 7 days and collection within 14 days of the close of the sale.
- Vehicle auctions: Buyer’s Premium is reduced to 16.5%
- If payment is not made within our stipulated time frame, you authorise Antique Auction Group to charge your card in full for the invoice amount including any storage-related costs.
1. Auctioneer is Agent for Vendor
Auction Group is agent for the Vendor and is not responsible for any default by the Vendor or the Buyer.
2. Highest Bidder
Subject to any Reserve Price, the highest bidder shall be the Buyer and a dispute shall be settled by the Auctioneer who may at any time at his absolute discretion and regardless of the fall of the hammer re-open the bidding or withdraw the Lot from sale. The decision of the Auctioneer shall be final.
3. Regulation of Bidding
The Auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid and to advance and regulate the bidding as he decides and any bid acknowledged and relied upon by the Auctioneer may not be withdrawn.
4. Rights of Auctioneer and Vendor
The Auctioneer, in representing the Vendor, reserve the following rights which may be exercised by the Auctioneer without giving any reason therefore:
- (a) not to offer for sale any Lot described in the catalogue;
- (b) to offer for sale part only of any Lot described in the catalogue;
- (c) to offer (2) or more of the Lots described in the catalogue as separate Lots or together as one Lot;
- (d) should such Lots referred to in (c) of this Condition not be knocked down under the hammer to a successful bidder, to offer them as separate Lots;
- (e) to keep secret the existence and amount of the reserve price (if any) of a Lot;
- (f) in the event that any Buyer shall successfully bid for more than one Lot at the auction
– (1) to appropriate any moneys received from that Buyer in satisfaction or partial satisfaction of the Purchase Price due in respect of any one or more of such Lots to the total or partial exclusion of amounts due in respect of any other such Lot or Lots as the Auctioneer shall see fit; and
– (2) to elect at any time to treat each Contract for the sale of each such Lots as interdependent with each other such Contract or Contracts and default under any such Contract shall be treated as default under all such Contracts;
- (g) to bid on behalf of the Vendor or any prospective Buyer with or without disclosure;
- (h) in the event that any Lot is not sold at the auction to offer to sell same thereafter by private treaty but otherwise subject to these Conditions; and
– (i) to refuse any person or persons admission to, or eject them from, the auction site.
5. Buyer Bids as Principal
Every Buyer shall be deemed to bid as principal unless prior to the auction he discloses to Antique Auction Group that he will be bidding on behalf of a principal and supplies the full name and address of his principal and a copy of a written authority to bid for and on behalf of that principal and such authority is satisfactory to Antique Auction Group.
6. Buyers Registration Form
Every bidder shall complete and sign a Buyers Registration Form or equivalent Online Auction registration form/submission. Proof of identity acceptable to Antique Auction Group may be required prior to entry to the auction premises or participation in online auctions.
7. Buyer’s Premium
The Buyer may be required to pay to Antique Auction Group a Buyers Premium based on a percentage of the Hammer Price. The Buyer acknowledges that Antique Auction Group may also receive commission from the Vendor.
8. Goods and Services Tax (G.S.T)
“G.S.T” means the Goods and Services Tax imposed by the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Com) (as amended).
- (a) Antique Auction Group will sell the Property to be auctioned on a G.S.T exclusive basis. The hammer price will therefore be exclusive of any G.S.T payable. The Purchaser shall be responsible to pay G.S.T on the Buyer’s Premium. Antique Auction Group will invoice the Purchaser for the Hammer Price, Buyer’s Premium and the applicable G.S.T. on the Buyer’s Premium.
- (b) Antique Auction Group will account to the Vendor for any G.S.T payable on the Hammer Price recovered from the Purchaser. The Vendor will be responsible to pay the G.S.T to the Australian Tax Office.
- (b) The purchaser must carefully assess whether input tax credits for any G.S.T paid in addition to the hammer price will be available. We recommend you contact your accountant or lawyer on this question.
9. Statements made by Auctioneer
All conditions, notices, descriptions, statements and other matters in the catalogue and elsewhere concerning a Lot are subject to any statements modifying or affecting the same made by the Auctioneer.
10. Catalogue Descriptions
- (a) Any representation or statement by Antique Auction Group in any catalogue, advertisement or brochure as to the authorship, origin, date, age, period, attribution, genuineness, provenance, condition, quality, or estimated selling price of any Lot is a statement of opinion only. Any illustrations in the catalogue are solely for the guidance of prospective Buyers and are not to be relied upon in terms of tone or colour or necessarily to reveal imperfections in the Lot which are visible to the eye., however we always aspire to obtain the best quality images possible;
- (b) Many Lots are of an age or nature which precludes their being in pristine condition and some descriptions in the catalogue make reference to damage and/or restoration. Such information is given for guidance only and the absence of such a reference does not imply that a Lot is free from defects nor does any reference to particular defects imply the absence of others;
- (c) Buyers must satisfy themselves as to all matters referred to in (a) and (b) above by inspection or otherwise prior to the date of the auction.
11. Exclusion of Warranties
- (a) No error or misdescription or deficiency in quantity shall vitiate the sale and the Buyer shall be bound to take delivery of the Lot without any allowance or abatement in price.
- (b) Any warranties which might otherwise be implied by the Sale of Goods Act 1923 are hereby excluded and shall not apply. All Lots are sold “as is” and Antique Auction Group and the Vendor make no representations or warranties as to any Lot other than those implied by the Common Law or by statute, the exclusion of which would render this Condition void or voidable or which would constitute an offence by the Auctioneer or the Vendor.
- (c) Intending bidders must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the nature of the Lot and must accept same with all faults, patent or latent (if any).
- (d) No warranty shall be implied from any affirmation made at the auction or otherwise but in all cases where an express warranty is intended, the same shall only be enforceable if reduced to writing and signed by the Vendor or by the Auctioneer as agent for the Vendor.
- (a) If:
– (1) within fourteen (14) days of the date of the auction Antique Auction Group receives notice writing from the Buyer of any Lot that in his view the Lot is a Forgery, and
– (2) within fourteen (14) days of such notice, the Buyer returns the Lot to Antique Auction Group in the same condition as at the date of the auction, and
– (3) within a reasonable time thereafter, the Buyer satisfies Antique Auction Group that the Lot is a Forgery and that the Buyer is able to give a good and marketable title of the Lot free of any liens or encumbrances, then Antique Auction Group will set aside the sale and refund to the Buyer any amount paid for the Lot.
- (b) Provided that the Buyer shall have no rights under this Condition if:
– (1) he or she does not give the notice in writing within fourteen (14) days as specified in Clause 12(a).
– (2) the catalogue description at the date of the auction was in accordance with the then generally accepted opinions of scholars or experts or fairly indicated that there was a conflict of such opinion, or
– (3) it can be established that the Lot is a Forgery only by means of a scientific process not generally accepted for use until after the date of the auction or by means of a process which as at that date was unreasonably expensive or impractical or likely to have caused damage to the Lot;
- (c) The Buyer shall not be entitled to claim under this Condition for more than the amount paid by them for the Lot and in particular shall have no claims for any loss, consequential loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, suffered by them
- (d) The benefit of this Condition shall not be assignable and shall rest solely and exclusively in the Buyer who shall be the person to whom the original invoice was made out by Antique Auction Group in respect of the Lot when sold and who has since the auction retained uninterrupted and unencumbered ownership thereof.
13. Other Conditions
ALL PRE-SALE BIDDING AND TIMED SALE BIDS ARE FINAL AND CANNOT BE RETRACTED.
By placing your bid you agree to the above and our full Terms and Conditions.